Well, it turns out we are going to have to move. My landlord was wrong with the information he had given me before and came back with we have until August 21st to move and he has until then to get things cleaned up around here, aka all of his piles of crap and cars. We can fill out an affidavit of temporary use by the 21st, but I must have the landlord fill out a good portion of the form and sign it but he has, as of yet, not agreed to do so. I plan on having on filled out to the best of my ability by the 21st and go from there. There is absolutely no way we could move out of here by then, unless, of course, one of those darn lottery tickets I keep buying decides I have won a ton of money. Then I would just move, almost anywhere, and hire someone to clean up the evidence of our existence here. ~sigh~ a girl can dream. It could happen.
To say I am frantic about this may just be a bit of an understatement. Marv the RV barely made it in here 3-1/2 years ago and my faith that he will make it out of here, be driven out of here, is less than optimal. Our travel trailer – well, it’s holding up for us but moving it is giving me some anxiety. Travel trailers aren’t designed to be lived in, at least not when they are over 40 years old, and tend to wear out from doing so. I have heard stories of people going to move their old trailer (and not so old) after having it sit for a bit and the thing has fallen apart in one way or another that made it useless and not worth salvaging. My fingers are crossed.
This brings me to another source of angst. If Marv the RV isn’t going to be usable, then we have nothing to haul our trailer with. Even if Marv can drive himself out of here, that does not mean he will pull the trailer again. I’m not sure the van would pull the trailer if it had a hitch. (Yes, the van is running pretty well. Just need to take it in to Ford so they can reprogram the PCM for $150, and then I believe I will have fixed it. Another thing I need to figure out.)
I’ve thrown up a few crowdfunding fundraisers – Fundly, Generosity, You Caring. It’s a hail mary act, but I don’t feel I’m in a position to rule out any potential options, at the moment. Cross your fingers for us, and feel free to donate. Every dollar helps with this process.
We have put the 98 Saturn on Craigslist. Lance really wanted to keep this car and replace the timing chain in it but life has come along to put that desire to rest. Hopefully, it sells quickly, though my faith in Craigslist has waned over the years. People can be such flakes. Or maybe they are just indecisive with all of their options on Craigslist. Who knows.
I’m waiting until after I have the PCM in the van reprogrammed to decide which of the rest of our fix it vehicles are going away. The Subaru still needs all of its work done. The Camry is coming into dire need of some suspension work itself. I think that one is a ball joint or two, not to mention shocks and struts. Whichever of the vehicles presents with the least amount of issues and money required to fix it is the one we will keep. Since we will be mobile, again, we only need one car until we land somewhere and settle in.
The weather here has been sooo hot!! For the past week, we have been hovering in the mid to upper 90’s. I can’t remember the last time it rained. I’m not complaining. I actually love the heat, but, with the wildfires going on in British Columbia, the state of Washington is covered in smoke, and some rain would help.
Since getting the water running, again, my gardens are extremely happier. It’s really great to see them greening up and reaching their potential of breath-taking beauty. I had a rose bush I thought I was losing. Now, it has thrown out new leaves and has a few little buds on it. Yay!
Well, I’d better get going on the whole ‘breaking down camp’ process. Have a great day, Everyone!!